Coffe is like politics. We are for, we are against, we get excited when we meet a person who thinks the opposite. And it’s not common to change camp. But a question remains: is coffee good for your health?
I have never been against coffee. I knew it could stop digestion, for example. Taken at the end of a meal, it allowed avoiding to feel tired during the early afternoon just because the food was stuck in the stomach.
- Is coffee dangerous?
- Advantages of coffee…
- What about a piece of brownie with your coffee?
- Wanna add some milk?
- To sump up…
Wonderful coffee is amazing… but is it risky?
At this point, we already know that coffee avoided dozing off but at a certain price: bloating gas, and poor absorption of nutrients caused by incomplete digestion!
Also, caffeine being exciting, it can disrupt sleep and makes people feverish aggressive. Too much coffee in the office could be a factor of conflicts, lack of concentration and hasty decisions. The majority of health problems you can have with coffee are listing below:
- cardiovascular illnesses
- neurological problems
- metabolism problems (digestion, diabetes, obesity)
But all of those problems could be contracted if you drink really too much coffee, whereas 4 cups of coffee ( 400 mg of caffeine) per day are safe for the most healthy adult!
For info: 8-ounce cup of coffee contains around 100 mg of caffeine. One last tip though, you should avoid drinking coffee 5 hours before bedtime or it might disturb your sleep!
The benefits of coffee… you will love it!
Coffee contains some good components like:
- vitamins B2, B3, B5.
- magnesium, potassium, and manganese.
- antioxidants which strengthen your immune system and protects your cells from the damage caused by pollutants in your environment.
- Several studies have shown that it helps prevent heart disease. It is true that it gives a “whiplash”, which increases the blood pressure.
Coffee contains caffeine which has certain benefits like:
- It improves the functioning of your brain and gives you energy. Caffeine passes into your blood, then into your brain where it stimulates the production of dopamine, norepinephrine and other neurotransmitters
- In clinical trials, caffeine has been shown to improve memory, alertness, reaction time, cognitive function and mood.
- You can improve efficiency and do more every day. And when you become more active, you burn more calories.
It is no coincidence that many slimming products contain caffeine.
According to studies, caffeine would speed up your metabolism by about 11%
To finish, studies on coffee accumulating, the conclusion was clear. The benefits of coffee completely outweigh the disadvantage of coffee. Researchers at the University of Ulster have compiled data from the 1277 serious coffee studies conducted between 1970 and today. The researchers concluded that “The beneficial natural or neutral effect of moderate consumption in an adult clearly outweigh the risks ” for the majority of the health problems.
The truth we do not want to hear…
These benefits of coffee are those of the coffee itself, that is to say, black coffee, without sugar, without cream and without a little praline-style treat, candy, chocolate, biscuit deposited on the saucer of the cup – except a square of chocolate with 70% cocoa or more. Wait, what? and what about milk? Let’s find out…
Be careful, coffee and milk do not mix well
In many countries, milk is added to coffee. Milk proteins bind to antioxidants and neutralize them. Antioxidants lose their bioavailability and pass through your body without being assimilated…
It’s no wonder when you remember that calcium can prevent the body from absorbing iron!
To sum up…
To conclude, if you drink less than 4 cups of black coffee per day including the last one 5 hours before your bedtime, you should be good to go! Remember that we are just talking about black coffee which means no sugar, no milk or any treats ;)!
You can definitely eat a square of chocolate with 70% cocoa or more with it! You will see in the beginning, you might not like it but with time you will really appreciate it!
Enjoy your coffee!